Wednesday 15 August 2012

Always invest in ‘right sector’ and in ‘quality companies’


I did the Darren Winters 3 day course a the very end of July, at which point I was a virgin trader. I did my first ever trade on 15.08.05 after 2 weeks of paper trading. I started with £5,000 and made £400 net profits in my first month, 8% in 5 weeks, I was pleased with this, thought it was easy and got sloppy. In 3 weeks in October I lost £1,400 and it hurt! Why? I stopped applying all the rules I had learned on Darren’s 3 day course. Last week of October I went back to basics and used the ‘Darren Winters’ method – in full. In a week, on one position (I need to rebuild my confidence ) I have made 5.5% and my position is still running.

My single best return was 21% in 11 days. I have also achieved 13% in 11 days, 10.5% in 13 days and 2.15% in 2 days. The strategy that I use is as follows: US stocks only so far. Looking for short term returns, 2 days to 2 weeks. Seek potential positions that might return 8 to 10% uplift in the following 4 weeks. Always need 2 to 1 risk/reward ratio. Always invest in ‘right sector’ and in ‘quality companies’. Always diversify portfolio (buy and shorting, more that 1 sector, 4 to 5 positions opened, never open more than 3 positions in same day. Open position c1h after market opens. Do not open a ‘long position’ (more than one day) on a Friday. If no movement (in line with expectations) is seen in first 3 days, close position and look for another trade.

Take care

Beatrice macdonald

No comments:

Post a Comment